John Maxwell Certified Leadership Coach, Trainer, Keynote/Motivational Speaker, Certified Conflict Resolution Trainer, Certified Educational Trainer
Inspirational, motivational, dedicated, visionary, living with a passion and purpose, never stop dreaming, continuous education, lifelong learning, lead by example, model expected behaviors, and a great steward of God’s Gifts. These words are not the latest definition of leadership; these words describe my life and fuel my leadership and educational philosophy.
I grew up in East Texas (Deberry), 13 miles north of Carthage, TX (TX Country Music Hall Fame). My father was a World War II veteran (1942-1945). After the war, my father met and married my mother and that marriage union birth “The Willie Dozen” (six boys/six girls). My home was without electricity, running water, indoor plumbing, television, telephone, automobile (mules pulling wagons were our transportation), and we raised our food (vegetables, chickens, hogs). My father was illiterate, my mother completed the third grade and we had a 50 percent high school graduation rate, “Glass Half Full”. I attended segregated schools until the seventh grade, graduated high school in May 1976.
I served in the U.S. Air Force from April 1977 until October 2002. Currently, I’m an Associate Professor, a High School Air Force Junior ROTC Teacher plus over 26 years as a Conflict Mediator/Family Mediator. I have an extensive background in Leadership Training and Development, a former facilitator of Covey 7 Habits of Highly Effective People and I have been a platform presenter/facilitator since 1982. I’m a Certified Arkansas Law Enforcement Instructor in Rapid Response Special Weapons & Tactics (SWAT), an Honorary Colonel of Arkansas State Police and an Honorary Member of Arkansas Highway Police.
I have three Associate Degrees from Community College of the Air Force, Bachelors in Corporate Training and Development, Master’s in Organizational and Human Resources Development and a Graduate Certificate in Conflict Mediation from Abilene Christian University. I’m pursuing my doctorate in Educational Leadership, concentrating on socio-economic resiliency factors, risk factors, protective factors, and shared factors to produce high academic achievement among students of color. My wife (Pat) and I are proud parents of Katrina (Pediatrician) and Ursurla (Attorney).
Contact me. I am looking forward to assisting you on your journey to becoming a highly successful educator and leader.
- U.S. Air Force, April 1977 to October 2002
- Air Force Junior ROTC Instructor, Region 3 Air Force Junior ROTC Instructor of the Year
- Certified Educational Trainer/Consultant, Classroom Management
- John Maxwell Certified Leadership Coach
- Associate Professor, University of Phoenix
- Former Facilitator FranklinCovey 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
- Doctoral Student, Educational Leadership, University of Phoenix
- Master's Degree, Organizational & Human Resources Development, Abilene Christian University
- Graduate Certificate, Conflict Mediation, Abilene Christian University
- Bachelor's Degree, Corporate Training & Development, Abilene Christian University
- Three Associate Degrees, Community College of the Air Force